Thursday, December 31, 2009

At 5am, tv becomes a mental wasteland

If I watch one more informercial, I'll scream. You know things are low when you watch the Girls Gone Wild informercial and try to calculate the total gross IQ of all the girls featured. Ain't pretty.

The only product that I know that is still advertised in an informercial style that I know works is Bare Minerals, because I bought it through Sephora. Bare Minerals pretty effectively turned me into the makeup junkie that I am today.

The reason that I'm up is that I fell asleep on the couch again soon after arriving home from Bryant Park. Mum and I went to lunch at Celsius, watched the ice skaters, basked under the heat lamp at our table outside, and then walked around and browsed at the kiosks there. We took a brisk walk over to the tree at Rockefeller Center (even after I warned her that it would be very busy there), stayed for five minutes (at most) because indeed, it was crowded there, and then walked back to Grand Central to catch the train home.

When we got home, I promptly fell asleep on the couch (around 7:30) and woke up at 2:30am... it's now nearly 6am. Will I fall back asleep again? Probably not, since I got a full night's sleep already. I've got my macbook on my lap in bed, and will shortly shut it off to try to sleep. If it happens great. If it doesn't, so be it. The last day of 2009 might be off to an early start!

No comments: