Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review of The Devil, the Lovers, and Me

The Devil, the Lovers, and Me: My Life in TarotThe Devil, the Lovers, and Me: My Life in Tarot by Kimberlee Auerbach

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I had started reading Kimberlee Auerbach's writing on thenervousbreakdown.com, so when I found out she wrote a book, especially through tarot (I'm a tarot reader) I was intrigued. My intrigue waited for several years.



Through the magic of kindle, I obtained this book. I read it in two days. Some parts of it are cringe-worthy (and rightly so) but I felt myself empathizing with Kimberlee and rooting for her through her many situations, such as "How long do I have to wait before he pops the question? Should I give up hope?", competing for the attention of a parent, being a parent to your parent instead of the kid, and the realizations that occur when you realize your parents are human after all.



A quick but satisfying read.



View all my reviews

No comments: